Monday, April 16, 2007

Who in the hell is Ralph?

So...I guess this is going to be a blog about regular stuff, but more about my journey of finding my past. So last night (now that song is stuck in my head) I got on ancestry.com and looked up some records on my father's side. PS...thank you Stephen for KILLING KUNTA!!!

Anyway, I found some US Census records for my Great grandfather Marion Daniels and found the name of one of his other sons, Ralph Daniels. I said...who in the hell is Ralph? At first I didn't catch it because I thought maybe Ralph was my uncle Winford's real name. Then I saw the age...26 and saw he was born in 1904. This was a 1930 Census I was viewing.

Now the thing about my grandfather Marion is...when my great grandmother Alzada Green Daniels was 25, Marion was 42. His son Ralph was 26 on the census and Zeda was 25...you see my point? He was married previously and has another family out there. My grandfather has given me bits and pieces saying his nephew, which is older than him, was a coach at Durham High School many years ago. So...now I want to go back further on my daddy's side of the family, but I also want to find that other family.

No comments: